NextProcess is a leading independent software company in the Business Process Automation space based in Irving, TX (Las Colinas). We’re looking for a talented Software Tester.
- Experience designing and developing overall test plans (System, Integration and UAT testing) to perform repeatable testing procedures and processes.
- Implement test practices, standards and processes, troubleshoot test issues, record test results, track and prioritize defects.
- Investigate defects to determine the potential root cause for failed tests.
- Identify data scenarios to guide in the error correction.
- Communicate test progress, test results and other relevant information to SME/BA/Product Mgr/Development as required to ensure proper escalation and follow up.
- Participate in product readiness and release decisions.
- Effectively communicate results and progress with Senior management.
- Participate and contribute in scheduled Sprint Review, Retrospective, and Planning meetings.
- Provide estimates for testing tasks and responsibilities.
- Experience managing multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Education & Typical Years of Experience:
A BA / BS degree in computer science or a related field. Minimum 2-5 years of related technical experience, including a minimum of 2 years performing systems
- Competent with MS Office including PowerPoint and Visio
- Experience with analysis and test scenarios for large, technically complex systems.
- Experience in writing/reviewing test scenarios.
- An understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDL)
- An understanding of defect resolution process
- Experience with SQL preferred, but not required
- Experience with Team Foundation Server, Test Studio a plus
- Experience testing applications on multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari)
- Automated testing experience is preferred, but not required
- Experience documenting business requirements a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to use them in informing, presenting, negotiating and problem-solving with a wide range of people
- Work under general supervision with an ability to think independently and develop solutions
Compensation includes an attractive base salary with performance based incentive opportunities. Benefits include 100% company paid employee medical insurance, vacations, sick leave, and discretionary annual bonus. We offer a casual work environment with a corporate culture that stresses integrity, responsibility, and above all fun.
Check out our website at www.nextprocess.com. Please apply to email@example.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.