Traditional ERP Can’t Solve Everything. Here’s What Else You Need To Make It Work
We often talk about ways that companies still using a manual system can transition to a digital platform. But what if your company automated years ago with traditional ERPs? Is there any reason for you to look at newer, cloud-based software systems?
ERP (enterprise resource planning) software solutions were a game-changer when they first came on the market. But they do have limitations. For one thing, traditional ERPs lack flexibility, which can become more and more of a problem as your company grows and adapts.
The good news is you don’t have to completely replace your existing ERPs to benefit from SaaS (Software as a Service) programs. All of NextProcess’ software, for example, is compatible with existing ERPs. So instead of overhauling your entire system, you can supplement your existing ERPs with cloud-based software.
Limitations of ERPs
ERPs can’t do everything. The most common issues with ERPs include
- Rigid Mechanisms – ERPs are often designed to create tightly locked databases and segregate responsibilities. In some ways, this is a great feature. But it can also leave you with confusing data and difficulty making sense of reports.
- Lack of Accessibility – granting remote access can be very difficult with an ERP. Even if you manage it, connection problems can slow down productivity.
- Intake Problems – ERPs are good at solving back-end processes, but moving information through ERP-driven workflow can be a challenge. Even a simple process like taking in documents sometimes presents a struggle.
- Missing Details – Fields used in an ERPs system often have specific meanings and limitations. Data transferred to and from ERPs might be stored in strange places or left out altogether.
- Costly to Change – Adjusting an ERP system is typically both difficult and expensive, especially if you want to make significant operational changes. That often makes upgrading or changing ERPs to meet your companies growing needs impractical.
If you’re having trouble with your ERPs, don’t panic. You can still get the most out of your ERP system by integrating it with dynamic, adaptable SaaS technology.
How To Fix It
Software integration is the best solution to ERP that’s not working out as well as you’d like. When you integrate SaaS systems into your use of ERP, they give you more control over automating your business processes while also making the entire system more user-friendly.
Don’t settle for ERP software that limits your company. Get in touch with NextPrcess and work with a dynamic technology supplier to resolve outstanding ERP issues and improve business processes across the board. We provide an online platform with several software modules that improve workflow, increase turnaround time, decrease staffing needs, and more.
We designed all our software to work with ERPs including SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, Sage, Netsuite, Epicor, Intuit Quickbooks, and many more. Plus, when you choose NextProcess, we’ll work with you to make sure our software solutions integrate seamlessly with your ERPs in exactly the ways you need it to. Contact us today if you’d like to see how SaaS can upgrade your ERP experience.